Roll Mill Operator – 1st and 2nd shift
Machine Operator – 1st and 2nd shift
- Roller Die+Forming (RDF) is seeking skilled, machine operators to work first shift (6am-2:30pm) and second shift (2:15pm-12:45am)/10 hour shifts. RDF-GA plant is a metal/steel fabricator and works with roll-mills, presses, and powder coating.
- RDF is located at 2912 Lakeview Drive, Rossville, GA 30741.
- If you are a motivated, hard worker, ready for a full time job with overtime pay and competitive benefits, email your information.
- Pay range starts from $12.00.
- Machine operating, above average mechanical skills/abilities.
- Able to read blue prints.
- Related experience will be considered.
Powder Coating Manager
- Managing an electrostatic paint line
- Powder or
- Waste water system
- Local gov’t
- Completing discharge permits, quarterly and bi-annually reports
- Testing of the waste water for Zn prior to discharge
- Setting up 2X year to have an independent do total testing for all heavy metals submitting the proper paper work to be sent to the City of Chattanooga
- State gov’t
- Pretreatment system 5 stage or larger system
- Perform titrations: testing the system for chemical levels of:
- pH monitoring of the system
- Working directly with suppliers of:
- Pre-treatment chemicals and fabrication lubes
- Waste water chemicals
Other related skills
- Strong mechanical knowledge of total paint system
Other related duties–The inter-play of the pre-treat to the application system through the curing system
- Proper rack design for painting electrostatically
- Proper spacing between parts for optimum transfer efficiency
- Ease of loading parts on and off the racks
- Build 3-5 prototypes for testing purposes to evaluate the above
- Quoting skills for powder and labor costs:
- Per request of Roller Die and Reps sale personnel
- R*eturn On Investment (ROI*) for purchases and improvement justification
Job Type: Full-time
- Provide engineering support to production to solve roll forming and stamping process issues. Must be willing to do whatever it takes (while maintaining safety) to get production lines going in emergency situations.
- Lead new tooling trials through production ramp up.
- Complete line speed and process improvement projects that lead to greater efficiencies.
- Work with Tool & Die Department to solve repetitive tooling issues.
- Work with the Quality department to resolve product quality related issues.
- Select required equipment for new manufacturing lines (roll forming, stamping, etc.).
- Complete various continuous improvement projects as needed.
- Must be willing to be hands-on whenever necessary.
- Strong roll forming knowledge. Ability to solve setup and tooling issues.
- Strong knowledge of pre-punch, cut-off and progressive dies.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues related to dies.
- Ability to revise tools as needed and update tooling drawings.
- 2D/3D CAD skills
- Strong knowledge of roll forming mills, stamping presses, and related ancillary equipment.
- Basic knowledge of machine controls and industrial electrical circuits.
- Experience with SMED (setup time reduction) is a plus.
- PLC experience a plus.