- Maintain proper inventories for tooling and spare parts.
- Operate and maintain tooling and die shop equipment.
- Monitor dies throughout production life and collect/offer information on die design and die wearing.
- Maintain documentation on die maintenance repairs.
- Assist maintenance department in performing machine specific preventive maintenance.
- Perform machine specific cleaning procedures.
- Operate grinders, manual grinders, lathe, band saw and other shop machines.
- Works on a hard surface; stands, stoops, bends and lifts heavy objects (approximately 50 lbs.).
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High School diploma or GED; ability to read a blueprint; basic math ability, working knowledge of metric measuring system, and experience in the use of calipers, micrometers, and dial gauges.
- More than one (1) year of experience in machine shop and/or die making.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Must have the following technical skills:
- MINIMUM 5 YEARS MACHINIST, WITH NEW BUILD KNOWLEDGE
- MAZAK AND/OR HAAS PROGRAMMING SKILLS
- BLUE PRINT READING SKILLS
- STAMPING OR ROLL FORM TOOLING EXPERIENCE PREFERABLE
- ABLE TO WORK WITH A TEAM, AND FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT
- DIE REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE, SHIMMING, SHARPENING, TROUBLE SHOOTING
This position requires thorough knowledge of equipment, requires aptitude for understanding mechanical systems with some formal training or education, ability to read and follow detailed instructions, and flexibility in work schedule.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Visual and Hearing: Must be able to see with corrective eye wear, must be able to hear clearly with assistance, wearing hearing protection. Lifting-must be able to lift 0-50 lbs and/or greater than 50 lbs with assistance, push up to 300 lbs
- Other physical requirements include must have the ability to walk, stand bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist frequently and repeatedly and for extended periods.
- Standing, walking and running; repetitive movement; bending or twisting; exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable; exposure to contaminants and hazardous equipment; exposure to minor burns, cuts, bites, or stings; meeting strict deadlines; responsibility for the health and safety of others; and, wearing of protective or safety equipment. Mast be able to pass basic Reading and Math Test. Must be able to meet attendance standards.
- Monday-Friday dayshift hours
- This is a non-exempt role $25.00- $28.00
Job Category: 1st Shift
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Louisville KY