Due to the versatility of material, the highly precise process, flexibility in part production and the efficiencies gained with high volume it is no wonder why roll forming has been adopted as a preferred metal forming process in nearly every industry. Roller Die + Forming is an industry leader in the custom metal roll forming the market and has seen many clients convert to roll forming and benefit from increased efficiency, speed, and cost reductions.
1. RANGE OF MATERIALS
- Almost any metal can be roll formed, including aluminum, hot and cold rolled steel, galvanized steel, galvalume, electrogalvanized steel, pre-painted (with or without protective film), and stainless steel.
2. PRECISION, QUALITY, AND CONSISTENCY
- Forming the material gradually allows for tighter tolerances in pre-punched patterns and can help in the protection of the finish and the geometry of the part.
3. VIRTUALLY NO CONSTRAINTS ON THE LENGTH OF THE PART
- Other metal fabrication processes are limited to the machine size relative to the length of the part. Because the material is fed through the equipment most any length can be produced. Besides the space available in the manufacturing building, it could be argued Roll forming doesn’t have a limit on part length. We can also use the same tooling to create parts of the same shape, but with different lengths or hole patterns.
4. HIGHER VOLUMES AT LOWER COSTS
- The high throughput and continuousness of roll forming allow it to easily handle high volume orders at lower costs. Set it up and the longer it runs the more efficiency is gained at price. Roll forming further reduces costly handling of the part and the need for secondary operations since most piercing, webbing, embossing, and perforation can be assimilated into the one piece flow process of roll forming.
If you’re interested in seeing whether roll forming is the right fit for your metal part, our experienced sales and engineering teams can take a look at your part, and your current process if there is one, and give you a quick quote and a good idea on the investment you’re looking out. Reach out today to learn more about Roller Die + Forming and our numerous capabilities.